LG has started rolling out the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to its last year flagship LG G3. The update is available with the build number 30B for the D855 variant and we are believing that the update for other variants of G3 would be imminent.
- The current Android 6.0 Marshmallow KDZ firmware is compatible with only the international variant of LG G3 with model number D855.
- Install the LG Flash Tool 2014 (extract files if compressed) on your PC. This tool is required in order to flash the KDZ file onto your device.
- Visual C++ Runtime Library is required in order to run LG Flash Tool 2014. If you have any problems installing or running the Flash Tool then install the libraries on your Windows PC. Click here.
- Make sure you have the latest LG drivers installed on your PC. Get it from the download section.
Download | LG G3 Marshmallow Firmware (File: D85530B_00_1217.kdz)
Download | LG Flash Tool 2014
Download | LG G3 USB Drivers
Backup Your Apps and Data
Installing the stock firmware using a KDZ file will remove all your data and apps from your current ROM. So make sure you have a backup of all your apps and data. Also, transfer all your files from your internal storage to your PC as it may also get wiped out.
Install Stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow Firmware on LG G3
Here is a step-by-step guide to successfully flash the stock firmware on your LG G3.
- Step 1: Put your phone into Download Mode. To do this, Power Off your phone first. Then while pressing both the volume keys connect your phone to your PC via USB cable. The screen will show download mode icon. Let the drivers be installed onto PC. If it fails for the first time, repeat the process (try holding just the Volume Up key).
- Step 2: Open the LG Flash Tool 2014 folder and copy the KDZ file in it. If the Flashtool is compressed, extract it to get a folder containing the necessary files including theLGFlashtool2014.exe file. Transfer the D855xxx_00.kdz file, you have just downloaded, into the LG Flash Tool 2014 folder.
- Step 3: Run LGFlashtool2014.exe file.
- Step 4: Now you will have to make a bunch of selections. Select Type: CDMA (Do not worry about selecting this option as Flashtool is modified only for devices with SIM). Change PhoneMode to CS_EMERGENCY. Click the folder icon to browse your computer and select the D855xxx_00.kdz file.
- Step 5: Choose CSE Flash option as we are installing a new copy on the stock firmware. This will format all your application data, format your system and could also wipe your internal storage. It makes a clean install. If you choose this method, it is highly recommended that you backup all your apps and data first. (Normal Flash option should be selected if you are on stock firmware and you just want to upgrade and do not want to lose any data. However, make sure you have not modified your system.)
- Step 6: Once selected, choose Start on next window.
- Step 7: Select your Region and Language and select OK button. Also clear phone for update registry.
Note: Disconnect from the Internet before you choose OK and also make sure your Antivirus is turned off for some time.
- Step 8: Once the program has started, the stock firmware will get installed.
- Step 9: If in case an error occurs, retry from Step 1 until success and remember to disconnect from the Internet when necessary. Once successful, the phone will restart automatically and choose click exit to quit the program.
- Step 10: Once you see the LG Logo, that means you have installed the stock firmware correctly.
Once you boot into stock firmware on your LG G3, you can enjoy your latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow software.