If you are looking to update your Nexus 6P manually to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow build number MMB29Q, then this is the tutorial that you should use.
Use this post only with the google nexus 6p models.
don’t attempt to update any other different nexus devices with the files that you will find in this post.
you need to install the android 6.0.1 mmb29q update only over the previous mmb29p android 6.0.1 build.
don’t attempt to flash the new build over any older marshmallow firmware than the one listed above.
The USB Debugging option should be enabled on your phone’s Developer Options menu.
Use the tutorial only if your phone’s Android 6.0.1 MMB29P firmware installation is 100% stock.
If you are running a custom or rooted MMB29P firmware, then the update will fail.
This guide has to be used only by advanced users. We cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any important data files.
Check battery charge level and make sure that there is at least 50% left before the device switches off.
Read the entire tutorial and do not skip any steps.
How to install the Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q manually for Nexus 6P:
First thing that you need to do is to setup the Android SDK on your PC:
- Download the Android SDK from here.
- Install it on your computer.
- Launch SDK Manager exe from the Android SDK installation folder.
- Use the SDK Manager exe to download and install all the needed SDK packages and usb drivers.
- Find platform-tools folder, it should have just been created under the SDK directory.
– in this particular folder you need to copy the updating file.
- If your phone is not detected by the computer, then you can update the Google USB Drivers from here.
Now that you’ve configured the Android SDK you can start the updating process:
- Download the Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q firmware for Nexus 6P from here.
- You need to rename this firmware file to update.zip
- Move the update.zip to platform-tools folder.
– that’s the folder that you’ve created while setting up the Android SDK above.
- Switch off your smartphone and then boot it in Recovery Mode.
- Select apply update from adb option.
- Connect your Nexus 6P to computer using the usb cable.
– make sure that the device has been detected.
- Go to platform-tools folder and launch a command prompt there.
– do it by holding SHIFT, then right-clicking somewhere in a blank space and select ‘open command windows here’.
- Enter adb sideload update.zip command to initiate the Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q installation process.
- After the update is done you can reboot your phone in normal mode.
Use your default Google account login in order to regain control over your device.
If the installation fails you can repeat the whole tutorial after you make sure that your device is supported by this guide. Also, don’t skip any steps.